Tuesday, November 29, 2011

And the Cat Came Back

Some of you might remember this post about our adventures at work with a set of kittens. Well today we finally met the momma. And it's a story worth reenacting. :)

I'm standing in my boss' office when we hear a commotion coming from the area of my production room. I walk over to see what's going on and notice two ceiling tiles are on the ground. How'd that happen? I glance in to my production room and see movement - the Cat! I panic because that's how I roll and I run back to the office and shut the door screaming "Cats are falling on my head! I can't work under these conditions! It's after me - I just know it! She's seeking revenge for her missing kittens and I'm to blame." The boys hear me scream and come to the rescue (through their fits of laughter). They block all of the doors leaving only the door to the outside open and chase the cat to freedom....while I'm safely locked in my office. I like my eyes - I'd rather them not be scratched out.

Once the cat was out I was able to access the damage she managed in the brief time she spent in my production room. And it was quite a bit! Stuff all over the floor, product knocked off the shelf! Yeesh - she was UPSET!
Today I'm thankful for doors that shut and feet that run. I'm thankful the cat got to freedom and I'm hopeful she stays free. I'm thankful for my coworkers who realize I'm crazy but want to keep my any way. ;)

Until next time....

No comments: