Monday, February 6, 2012

Excuse the Mess

I don't function well in chaos. I like order and cleanliness. And life thinks it's fun to make me squirm.

Our Houston office is under some much needed construction and it's a HOT MESS! I've spent days in an office surrounded by jackhammering and sawing and MORE SADNESS!!! I go home every night with a pounding headache covered in dust. I'm miserable. But I can laugh. So here's some highlights:

Bird of Prey vs. The Feather duster: So our office is in massive turmoil and I offered my office to our Police Officer so he wouldn't have to sit on the floor - seriously. Well, the next day I get in and the stuff on my desk has been moved around which I don't think much of. Well, I go to move some paper and I find the piece of a feather. And I panic. It's a large bird of prey waiting in a corner to peck my eyes out! (For the record - animals in my work space is not unheard of) I run down the hall and find the first person I see. "SCOTT!! I think there's a bird in my office!" He already knows I'm crazy - so it's okay. So we head down to my office and he picks up the feather. He says "I think this might be a feather duster! I think they cleaned your office!" Sure enough, the layers of construction were gone and we compared our feather to the duster in the cleaning closet and it was a match. Thank goodness - I get to keep my eyes! :) I see a feather and I immediately think my eyes are in danger. I might need medication.

No sir!: The downstairs restrooms are both being redone which means the only restroom available is upstairs. In Zombieland. I hate Zombieland. When I was told this was going to be the case, I jokingly said I was just going to hold it. The first day, I opened the door and the light was out. I HATE when lights are out in Zombieland. I flick the light on and see a BIG HUGE ZOMBIE ROACH! And I left for lunch and found their restroom quickly. Now I'm extra paranoid. If the lights out - I'm not going.

So when my boss said he could use my help in Atlanta - I was very willing to jump on the pocket plane and head that way. No jackhammering here! HOLLA!!

Until next time......

No comments: