Thursday, November 17, 2011

His Promises

When I was little and would get scared, I would run to my Mom. She would always read Hebrews 13:5-6 to me, pray with me and the fears would cease. It's my favorite verse and my favorite promise and something I needed to be reminded of today.

Hebrews 13:5-6: For God has said "I will never leave you, nor forsake you." So we can say with confidence "The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?"


A few weeks ago, my Mamaw brought me this key chain. She didn't know the significance of the verse to me but funny things just work out that way. ;)
My LEAST favorite verse (probably I shouldn't have one but I'm human) can be found in James 1 ~ 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.' Yeah, I don't like that verse at all. :)

Today I'm thankful I believe in a God who loves me and comforts me and provides for me - even when I fail to ask. I'm thankful He loves me more than the stars and the sun He taught to shine. I'm thankful my Beloved and I both have jobs and live in a house and have food on our table. I'm thankful we're insured and loved and supported. And I'm thankful to be resting in His awesome grip and to be confident that this too shall pass. Or at least working on being confident this too shall pass. ;)



Count it all joy.....count it all joy.....



Until next time.....

No comments: