Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Starry Night & Eye Sight

I love the Starry Night series by Van Gogh. I picked my first credit card based on the fact that I could get it with Starry Night on it. Once they took that option away, I cancelled the card. That was a fun conversation with the credit card people.


This weekend on our road trip, we toured the Houmas House Plantation and I found this umbrella - and I HAD to have it. :)

Such beautiful blues and yellows! This is the painting everyone recognizes but my true favorite is Starry Night Over the Rhone. It's magical! It occurs to me that there are people who cannot see such beautiful things - and that makes me sad. And I have to remember to never take my sight for granted.


Today I'm thankful for the ability to see pretty colors and the faces of the people I love. I'm thankful for Van Gogh and a rainy day. I'm thankful I'm getting new windshield wipers for Christmas. :)

Until next time....

No comments: