Monday, January 9, 2012

The Thunder Rolls

**And now I have Garth Brooks stuck in my head. Way to go T.

Atticus has moved in to teenagerdom. He rolls his eyes, sighs and refuses to sleep in his bed or smile for pictures. He now prefers MY spot on the couch - sometimes refusing to move even when I sit on him. Seriously. I SIT on him and he stays put. Hardheaded beast.

He is grown and he no longer needs us. This makes me sad.

In the wee hours of the morning, the heavens opened and thunder shook the house. I counted two more claps of thunder before I heard little puppy feet on our wood floor.

And then he was snuggled between us on the bed.

And I smiled...

....because maybe he does still need us.

And I realized - if we ever have children....

.....we're going to need a bigger bed. :)

Until next time....

No comments: