Thursday, June 28, 2012

An Explanation of My Silence


First off, it's amazing to me how involved people become in your sex life after you get married. We got asked "so - when are you having kids?" every time we saw someone. Then after a year or so it turned in to "so, why haven't you had kids? Do you need some advice?" Umm...no thanks. I think we got this. ;)

My Beloved and I talked about kids and figured now would be as good a time as any to give it a try. August 31 will mark 4 years married (and September 1st will be 10 years together. 10 years, yeesh).

A few months ago I had a rough day at work and was looking forward to a bottle of wine. I'd had cramps for a few days but nothing else so I thought 'I'll be responsible and take a pregnancy test before I open the bottle, just in case.'

And it came back positive.

Crap - now no wine. ;)

When Daniel got home I told him I failed a pregnancy test or passed it - I'm not really sure which way is which. I couldn't have my wine so.....

Since I'm a walking medical issue - I see the doctor the next day and start my daily shots. With my history of blood clots, I have to remain on blood thinning shots throughout the pregnancy to hopefully prevent any issues. And so far so good! And I give myself the shots!! Mom hasn't had to drive over from her house once! That's growth my friends!

While we wanted to share our exciting news, we wanted to be a little more sure before we did. Growing up with a L&D nurse has made me well aware of the things that could go wrong and I'm already a little paranoid so we've kept it kind of close. (Crazy Confession: I felt like I was jinxing it every time we told someone - it's my damage and I'm working on it.)

 I'm currently a little over 17 weeks and we're THRILLED!! And terrified. And all sorts of things.

And there are SO many stories I want to share with you! So while I've been impatiently quiet - I'll now be posting lots!

I promise.

Until next time.....

3 comments:

WordNerd80 said...

I completely understand your want for a little privacy on this one. We kept Croupe Baby 2 underwraps for a VERY long time because of the craziness with William's birth. I am so happy for you. What an excellent Christmas blessing!

Kristl said...

You have to post the cutest little baby nose here too!!! Yes, I've seen it on Instagram, but it's so cute it needs a double post!
:+)

Rebecca Nolen said...

Amy was a Christmas baby - I remember how thrilled I was with that little bundle. My prayers are with you!