Monday, July 2, 2012

My Beloved and the Books

Since we found out we were expecting, Daniel has wanted to be as informed as possible. My doctor gave me a book and my work friend Jodie gave us What to Expect When You're Expecting. I find the miracle of life kind of unsettling and I'd rather not know anything in advance - let it all be an unpleasant surprise! But my Beloved - he's a planner. 


He starts to read the book the doctor gave us. It starts with fertility and conception which I'm pretty sure are chapters he could skip but he has to start at the beginning. He gets a few chapters in and says "the doctor should have given us this book before." :)


We're laying in bed a few nights later and he asks for a highlighter. 
Me: Is there something in there you want to remember that bad?
Him: No, I found some misused words I want to point out to the doctor at the next visit.
Me: deep sigh


A few weeks go by and I'm getting ready for work. He starts asking about my Calcium intake because "the book says the baby is going to suck all your calcium and your teeth could fall out. Have a great day!" Does he not know me at all?! I spend the rest of the day pushing on my teeth to make sure they aren't loose and stop on the way home for extra Calcium pills. Daniel gets home and asks how my day was. 
Me: I spent all day pushing on my teeth to make sure they weren't loose!
Him: Why on earth would you worry about that?
If my eyes could have popped out of my head - they would have. ;)


He finished book number one and now knows all about blood typing and expanding uterus' and what's going on with my body. He's been so adorable. When I start to freak out, he says "it's okay, the book says that's normal!" :) 


He will tell you I haven't been that bad. I actually think the crazy pregnancy hormones might be balancing out my normal crazy hormones! HOLLA! And he's been very patient and extremely supportive and he brings me joy - even when he's making my eye twitch.


The other day he comes in to the living room with the What to Expect book and says "according to the book I should be taking pictures of your growth progress and you should be in a leotard." Yeah, not happening. 


Until next time......

No comments: