Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Tellings

While sitting at the doctors office the day after I took the pregnancy test I opened my WebMD app (my Beloved does not think I need this app) and looked up pregnancy and such. 'Pregnancy' led to 'miscarriage' and according to WebMD, 1 in 6 women will experience a miscarriage. That's a lot. That number made me extra nervous considering I'm at a higher risk. But it was also a little comforting because it also said there's nothing that can be done. It's just something that happens. Because of this, we slowly told the ones we love and selfishly asked them to not scream it from the rooftops. :)


And they respected our wishes and for that I am forever grateful. We appreciate each and every one of you that celebrated in silence until we were ready to tell the world. Thank you.


The tellings were kind of fun.


I told my mom the next day - she is after all my On Call Medical Professional so I needed her to be aware that the crazy calls were going to start. She did a fantastic job of containing her excitement. I think she could sense my nerves even over the phone.


Tami found out on my birthday. I'd been to the doctor and came home with a picture of a Lima Bean. ;) She immediately teared up, flapped her hands and told me I better not be lying. She then proceeds to tell me that Tami would be a perfect name for a girl and Tomi works well for a boy. The baby is now Tami/Tomi.


David, Daniel's brother, immediately rubbed my belly and said a nephew would be nice.


I didn't tell Travis until they got back from Thailand. After picking him up from the airport,  I let him know the only thing he was getting for Christmas was a niece or nephew. He too asked if I was telling the truth (probably this is some indication that I might have lied to my siblings, hmmmm) and then hugged me.


My Young Brave friend Kelley who lives far away found out via Google Messenger. She then immediately squealed and jumped up and down in her seat at work. Now she claims our baby is the reason why her coworkers think she's nuts. I have my doubts. She also blames our 'little biscuit' as she calls it on the reason why her Bible study thinks she's nuts as well. I sent her a text with the cutest little nose and she again flipped out - in the middle of Bible study. And then they prayed for our little biscuit.


I called my grandmother on Mother's Day to let her know. After the initial emotion and excitement, she said she had her suspicions because the last time she saw me, she thought "well Lord, she looks a little pudgy." I do love my Mamaw! She's praying for little lungs, a tiny heart and a healthy baby. ;)

A coworker and I were talking about something and it came up in conversation. "I KNEW IT!!" he says. "And why is that?! Is it because I'm pudgy?!" I say. Uncomfortably, "Ummm, no - it's your...posture" he claims. Uh huh. ;)

Everyone is excited and impatiently standing by to spoil the heck out of our bundle of joy. My Beloved and I had a discussion on how babies came to be called bundles of joy. "Don't they cry and poo a lot?" So they are standing by to spoil the heck out of our Bundle of Poo and Scream. ;)

Until next time....

No comments: