Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dear Little Bitty...

At the baby shower one of the activities was to fill out a page for Alice with words of advice or words to describe her using the letters in her first name. Afterwards, they were put in a book for her to read one day. 

They're great! Some made me laugh! We have one VERY loved little girl. I'll share some of my favorites in a different post. 

But for today, it's mine. It took me a few months to know what I wanted to say.

So here goes...
Hi Baby Girl,

A - Always know you have a place at home - no matter how far you go. And know you are loved every minute of every day.
L - Laugh like a loon every chance you get! Find the funny in every situation. And don't be afraid to laugh at yourself...a lot. 
I - 'Innocence' does not equal 'naive'. Hold on to yours for as long as you can - there is NOTHING wrong with that. 
- Chase butterflies and rainbows. Believe in magic. Wish on shooting stars. Dance in the rain. Dream BIG. And keep dreaming.
E - Expect life to disappoint you but don't let it break you. A broken heart heals stronger. I promise.
Love, Mom

PS: this was my first time to write "mom" on something to her. I only choked up a little. ;)

Until next time.....

No comments: