Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our Young Man

This will be a blubbery blog - you've been warned.

Today my Beloved got to help Travis fill out college applications. College. Applications. He asked me for help on Thanksgiving and I cried most of the way home. Don't tell him I said that. ;)

I'm just so proud of him! He's come such a long way and I'm so relieved. He's responsible and more independent and so thoughtful. I am excited about the opportunities he is getting to have and the life experiences he will carry with him always. And I cannot wait to see where his life takes him!

But I'm also a little sad. He's still the little boy with the curly hair and mischievous smile who likes to play with Legos. The boy who would chase down the ice cream man in his socks. The boy who woke up early one day out of the year - Christmas morning. The boy who held my fingers while he learned to walk.

And now he's going to college soon.
Today I'm thankful for the young man my baby brother is turning out to be. I'm thankful for some time with my Momma, an hour with my massage BFF Lydia and tick shampoo (long story!).

Until next time....

No comments: