Monday, April 25, 2011

Quick Bits

Yes please: The other morning we were up and doing things around the house and my dear was being a trial. In my annoyance I say "Lord grant me serenity!" To which my witty husband says "Did you just ask for the spaceship from the TV show Firefly?" Not missing a beat, I reply "Fully equipped with Nathan Fillion? Yes please!" Which caused my Beloved to roll his eyes and shake his head - I win!


Sic 'em on a Chicken: My Beloved talks in his sleep. We've had several discussions while he has been unconscious. The other night while I was reading in bed, he starts flapping his arm like a Chicken. I immediately start looking at him and in the process of flapping, he wakes himself up. He looks startled and asks me what's wrong. I say "You were flapping like a Chicken." He then says "YOU were flapping like a Chicken", rolls over and starts snoring. The boy makes me laugh.


Atti vs. The Doorbell: So now that I'm home I have the TV on a lot and the dog gets to stay inside. And every time a doorbell rings on the TV - it's an ordeal. The dog rushes to the door and barks. I try to tell him it's the TV but it's useless. He looks at me and then the door as if saying "Woman! That is the signal to open the door!"So in exasperation, I get up and open the door to no one. To which the dog clearly says "Awesome, you let them get away." So now we spend the days with the door open. I think that means he won.


30 Candles: I turned 30. And it wasn't so bad. :) I got to spend the day with people I love and come home with some yummy Chocolate cake. While my life might not be exactly where I thought it would be at 30 - it'll work itself out....right?


Until next time....

1 comment:

The Northcutt's: said...

How in the world could you be 30?! and yes, it will all work out-be strong, take heart and wait on the Lord. Love you!