Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 10 - A Childhood Memory

This one was a tough one! I have so many vivid memories that picking one seemed impossible.

Do I go with the time I locked Tami in a Rabbit cage? Most of my childhood was spent 'playing' with Tami. I say 'playing' because to an outsider - it might resemble 'torture'. Whatever, I was building character. We are 'lucky' because Mom owned a Home Video Camera during our childhood so she can prove our shenanigans at a drop of a hat. And she will! Just ask. Hours of entertainment. We'll watch the videos and Tami will say I was such a meanie! And I simply point out that the Parents KNEW what I was capable of but still allowed us to play together. That's just poor parenting! ;)

Or one of the countless special moments with Travis? One time when he was about 5, we were out shopping and he was being a total spaz so I told him he was being a SPAZAROMA!! He stops in the middle of the parking lot, puts one hand on his hip, points at me and says "I's not a spazaroma. By da way, what's a Spazaroma?!" :) Can you tell he was raised in a house with two teenage girls?

SEE!!! Too many!!


So I thought I'd share my favorite Daddy story. My junior year of High School, I was Props and Pyro for a play. One of the props was rice the actors had to eat during a scene. I came home, started the minute rice and proceeded to get ready for Opening Night. I go back in the kitchen and half of my rice is gone!! I run back in to the living room to see Daddy eating a bowl full of rice covered in Ketchup. Gross.

"DAD!!! That's my play rice!!!"
My VERY confused Father looks in his bowl, "no, it's real rice."

:) He offered to give it back, I declined. The show went on with only half a pot of rice.

Here's me and my Daddy on one of my birhtday's at the park. I love this picture.

Until next time....

No comments: