Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 20 - Clean

A bubbly bowl full of bitty bottles.
Clean. I like a mostly clean house. I'm not a fanatic. I understand we LIVE here so dirt and mess happen. We also have a dog so we'll never have clean floors again. These are things I've come to terms with.

However, I am NOT okay with sharing my home with rodents. No ma'am.

About a week ago the dog started barking at something. My Beloved checks and says it's nothing but really it's a small rat on the porch railing. Nasty.

We had the exterminator out and he put out some poison and set some traps in the attic. We haven't heard anything from the attic and since I'm up at all hours of the night, I feel this is my responsibility. I have great hearing and I've heard nothing. The exterminator suggests they're UNDER the porch. Yes, under the porch is better. 

Traps set, we're good to go.

Fast forward to Monday. We're having mom over for dinner and I look up to notice a few HUGE flys in our kitchen light. I jokingly say "you'd think we had something dead up in the attic!" And then we got quiet and looked at each other. 

My Beloved - "I'll check the trap."

He comes in from the garage and proceeds to get out a garbage bag and gloves and assures me "everything is fine." Liar, liar - pants on fire.

Now I'm in TOTAL freak mode with visions of our baby being carried off by a group of disgruntled rats in the middle of the night. Months ago when were having foundation issues, Daniel had to cut a hole in the kitchen to reinforce the cabinets. I also had visions of rats flying out at my face at 4am when I'm mixing bottles to avenge the one that went for the peanut butter. 

Because my husband loves me, he fixed that problem.


We're laying in bed that night and I say in all seriousness "it's just so gross! The house now has death in it." And he laughs because his wife is a CRAZY person.

I don't keep a dirty enough house to have RATS! Gross! But we live on a water way so it's going to happen. It doesn't mean I have to like it. One bit. 

Until next time...

No comments: