Friday, October 19, 2018

Kindergarten Commando

Parenting is a lot of thinking you have everything under control.

You go a few days with everything just working out and you think, 'maybe I DO have this!'

One good day will make you think, FINALLY!!!! 

And the Universe hears, laughs and says, "hold my beer."

We were almost late every day this week with the exception of yesterday.

Yesterday, we were so on time, I had enough time to make her hair fancy! 

While I was making her lunch, she was getting dressed. When I checked on her, she was twirling and ready to go! So why not spend a few extra minutes and put a pretty bow in her hair?!

We got this!

So last night she's getting ready for bed and My Beloved comes to me in the kitchen and says, "so, she didn't wear panties to school today."

Umm.....excuse me?

How can that be?! 

Apparently while she was taking off her jammies, she removed her undergarments as well and just didn't want to deal with the tangled mess so she just put her pants on.

I did not process this news well.

I know her feelings on panties. She has never been a huge fan. However, we have never let her go without them!

What kind of mom sends her KINDERGARTNER to school with a handmade lunch, a bow in her hair but no panties?! 

This one. This mom. 

Alice let me know that's it no big deal and I should just get over it.

I should just get over sending my child to school commando......I thought I had more time before I was going to have to deal with this kind of life decision. 

Now we've added "do you have on panties?" to our morning check list. This morning she rolled her eyes at me and said "yes, mom" all exasperated like it's not a valid question because OBVIOUSLY she has on panties. 

I'm also adding it to the blog because it seems baby book worthy and this will be the closest thing she gets to a baby book. 

One day she will get to read about all the times she made my eye twitch. Blessed day. 

Until next time....



No comments: