Friday, April 18, 2008

Candles & Registry Woes

Well, I'm officially 27. As I sat there watching the candles on my cake melt down as the family sang "Happy Birthday" I realized I'm closer to thirty then twenty. How scary! I never in a million years thought I would be mostly 30! I'm an adult! How gross! :) How did I get here? College seemed like a lifetime ago, high school even longer. And now as I'm on the verge of starting the next lifetime I'm feeling a little nostalgic. It's hard to imagine I won't be living here in a few months. It just seems strange....

On the wedding front...so we've registered! We spent two days circling a store trying to decide what would look good in our future home. Who knows?! Plates and silverware and towels - we scanned everything! And now I'm second guessing everything. What if we don't get anything we need? What if nothing matches?! I'm such a worrier!!! Why can't I just relax and trust everything is going to be fine. If we get nothing, we'll buy everything! It's fine!

On a thankful note, Daniel has a job! He starts on May 1st at Lee College. We're not sure exactly what he will be doing but we're happy! And relieved. The future seems a lot less shaky now and that's a fantastic weight off of our shoulders.

So that's it for now! We're rocking along and finalizing wedding plans. Life is going to change pretty soon and I'm trying to get ready. Here we go!

No comments: