Monday, May 5, 2008

When it rains....

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) has moved in to Reliant Center and in to my way. The parking lot was full of quickly moving, highly impatient oil people in rented cars. And to make matters more interesting, it was raining. Hundreds of well dressed people running around to avoid the rain. So my commute was anything but usual. And as I sat there trapped in my car watching these scurrying well dressed people make their way through the parking lot, I witnessed the funniest thing.

This man comes from the Center heading back to his car. He's in no hurry. In his left hand he is dragging a wheeled briefcase. In his right hand he has a crumpled up McDonald's bag which he has pushed on to his very bald head. I'm guessing he was trying to block the rain but I cannot for the life of me see how! Slowly walking through the parking lot with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. In the pouring rain. It made me chuckle! To see all the scurrying and rushing and then to see this silly man with his silly McDonald's sack seemingly, magically keeping him dry. It made me smile through the rain.

It amazes me how God sends me smiles whenever I least expect them. Whenever I'm frustrated or distracted, He stops me in my tracks and makes me laugh. And who doesn't love to laugh?!

No comments: