Monday, May 12, 2008

My Viper Doppler 2000

I'm clot free!! I saw the Doctor last week for what could be my final time with her. She was so wonderfully patient with me through the entire ordeal. She welcomed my sense of humor and never seemed annoyed when the waterworks started. She still cannot explain why my leg turned purple or why it is still hurting. Apparently I'm a medical anomaly which does not come as a surprise to my mother. :) So she orders the last round of tests and we all hope this is just a passing ordeal. I had some final blood tests done last week and so far everything has come back clean. I had a Doppler Ultrasound done on my leg today and the blood is flowing fine. I should be free for good and I am SO thankful! Thankful for a patient Doctor. Thankful it's not forever. Thankful to know I'm no longer a sneeze away from a pulmonary embolism. Thankful I can FINALLY have that glass of wine that has been haunting me since November. :) I'm just thankful!

No comments: