Monday, June 16, 2008

odds & ends

Last week was Staff Camp at Sandy Creek Bible Camp. We had such a good time! Is it strange that I return to camp for a week every summer to clean the kitchen? Every year I think it's that last but I find myself there again the next summer. I do have to admit that it's not always easy to adjust to. I am 10+ years older than most of the staffers and that's just odd! Last summer I watched my staff cabin go down. The cabin I spent so many summers in, the nasty old cabin we called home was demolished, just like that! And that was hard. Now they've added sidewalks. SIDEWALKS!! AT CAMP! They look SO weird and out of place. They are nice; walking to the Chapel and not ending up with 4 inches of sand in your shoes is a very nice thing. But sidewalks at camp, it just seems so bizarre.

Tami and I had a fantastic sister bonding day on Saturday. I just love her! It was unsuccessful but fun none the less. We went shopping for her bridesmaids dress. I never imagined my girls would have such a hard time finding a black dress. Seriously! And the stupid lady at the stupid dress shop freaked me out with her "anything ordered now will have to be rush ordered". But I have 2 1/2 months!! Why must we rush? There is no need for a rush. Let's just all take a deep breath and not panic here....

I'm off to Casper, Wyoming on Wednesday morning for the College National Finals Rodeo. It's like our Rodeo minus the livestock show and the carnival and the concert. FUN TIMES! :)

No comments: