Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thank goodness! I'm only a Mutant!

I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday to go over the results of my genetic tests and it turns out I'm a Mutant!! I have the MTHFR Mutation (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) which is some kind of genetic defect that affects about 40% of our population. So I'm not the only Mutant!! Luckily I only have one strand of mutation so it's not as bas as it could be. It will be treated by taking 1000mg of Folic Acid and a baby Aspirin daily until the end of time. I'll have to have occasional blood tests run to make sure all my levels are fine and when we do have children, I will have to go back on the blood thinning shots. SCORE!! :) There is a possibility of passing this problem on to our children so they will eventually need to be tested as well. All in all, I'm totally thrilled to be a Mutant. I'm so thankful it's something that can be treated by vitamins and a good sense of humor.

So I've been thinking. If I could have any Mutant power it would be flight. I HATE traffic and being able to fly to and from in a matter of moments would be super fantastic. To fly through the clouds on my own would be magical!

No comments: