Tuesday, November 24, 2009

give thanks...

I'm thankful for a lot of things and I take most things for granted. But 'tis the season to be thankful! This is the one week out of year that we're reminded to be thankful. We're encouraged to mention them aloud. We sit around tables covered in food and list them off like a grocery list. This got me thinking, I should keep a running list of things that I'm thankful for all year long. That way I'm prepared at Family Dinner when the person in front of me says "Family" first. :)

So,here are just a few...my loving, imaginative, jealous God...His grace...my family...my Daniel...my friends...laughter...pillows...rainbows...shoes...good health...good books...modern conveniences...Giraffes...braces...texting...red nail polish...bubble gum...imagination...GREAT books...fun movie quotes...my DVR...chocolate!...magic...movie previews...mascara...forgiveness...forgetfulness...knowledge...acceptance...my wedding ring...our home...purses...Christmas...long car rides & audio books...the Library...peas and carrots...my freedom...those who make my freedom possible...popcorn...the right to vote...cars...snowmen...Sandy Creek...Skype...pajamas...memories...home videos...mistakes...lotion...chapstick...umbrellas...fuzzy socks that slide across wooden floors...piles of crunchy leaves...the smell of cinnamon...

What would your list say?

No comments: