Thursday, October 22, 2009

Party like it's 1999!

It's happened. We've reached 10 years. I got my official High School reunion invite the other day. Really?! 10 years?! Wow. So now the internal debate begins....

Do I go? Do I pay gobs of money to spend time with people I didn't care to spend time with 10 years ago? Will I know anyone? What will I wear? Who will I sit by? It's amazing that the mere mention of High School resurfaces all the insecurities and fears of the first day of school. My dear friend Laura and I have struck a deal. It's the old high school "I'll go if you go" deal. So I guess I'm going. 10 years.

With the upcoming reunion I can't help but think of things I would change if life had a Redo button.
1: I would worry a lot less about what other people thought.
2: I'd be a little more social outside of school.
3: I'd give the boys a chance. There's one I would apologize to, he deserved an explanation.
4: I would probably pay better attention in Spanish class.
5: I'd try to relax a bit more, I was a little high strung back then. Can you imagine? ;)

But if I'm honest, I wouldn't change anything. I loved high school and I do not regret a thing. I never compromised my convictions or put myself in any dangerous situations. I followed my heart and don't regret it. While people say I might have missed out, I don't think I did! Every decision I made brought me to where I am today and I wouldn't change that for the world.

So I'll go and revisit fears and feelings I've managed to repress for the last 10 years. :) Who knows, I might even have fun! And if I don't, at least Laura and I will have something to talk about on the ride home. Until next time....

No comments: