Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Missing: My Christmas Spirit

This Christmas season stinks! It just doesn't feel like Christmas. Everyone seems crabby and there aren't many Christmas lights up. I'm just not in the holiday spirit! There is no joy in my heart, no song in my step. Bah humbug! Christmas is supposed to be a magical time of year but I think we've all lost the magic. We're all walking around like the doughnut man but instead of "Gotta make the doughnuts" it's "Gotta get through Christmas". I feel like we just want it all to be over with already. How sad is that?!

But it's not about lights and it's not about finding that perfect gift. It's about a baby who was born to die for me a long time ago, away in a manger. I think that's what's wrong this year, I've lost that. I forgot. I got caught up in the decorations and the shopping that Christmas became a chore. I forgot what is important. My Christmas should have nothing to do with holiday songs or mistletoe. My Christmas shouldn't be centered around stockings or Christmas trees. My Christmas should be focused on a God that loved me so much, He sent His own son to pay for a debt He didn't owe. That should be MY Christmas. And I need to remember that. So...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! May you have peace and joy this holiday season. And rest assured, you're loved. There is a loving God that adores you more then you could ever imagine. And no matter how strange and lonely things get, THAT never changes.

Until next time....

No comments: