Monday, February 1, 2010

The Wonderful World Wide Web

I'm an internet junkie. I love it. I spend HOURS clicking around. I'm also a creature of habit so I visit the same sites a lot. Here are some of my most favorite websites.

I'm a recipe girl. I will edit a recipe to fit my taste but I have to have somewhere to start. I can't come up with stuff on my own. I found All Recipes several years ago and I LOVE it. It lets you search for recipes by ingredients, adjust the recipe to fit the size of group you're feeding and my favorite - let's people rate the recipe. It makes me nervous to try a new recipe that I have no feedback on, what if it's nasty?! All Recipes lets people rate the recipe and suggest changes. You can save recipes to your "recipe box" so you can come back to it. It's fantastic!

I love reading! And I love talking about books I love. I have a HORRIBLE habit of looking for spoilers and I've been known to 'accidentally' glance at the last page of a book before I start it. (Horrible, I know!) I found Good Reads when I was impatiently waiting for my book to arrive at the library, I NEEDED to know how my friends were!! This website is a neat little community of readers who share their reviews and ideas of the books I love. It's fabulous! I have my little "Book Friends" that love the same characters I love and are just as worried about them as I am. (I might need a support group) If you love books - check Good Reads out!

I think online shopping is the best thing EVER. And I LOVE Amazon.com. You can find everything and it's brilliant. People get to review the items here as well which I think is FANTASTIC! I love knowing about something before I buy it. AND the gifts come to YOU!! You don't have to wait in line, find a place to park, deal with PEOPLE!! They come to your front door!! Brilliant!

I think movie previews are fabulous, so much so that if I get to a movie late (which Daniel and I often do because he feels showing up at the start time is sufficient, grrrr) and I miss the previews, I'm unbearable. That is why I LOVE this site. The only down side I can find is that I'm no longer surprised when I do go to the movies; chances are I've seen the preview already. But it's worth it!! It's a website DEDICATED to movie previews! How can that be a bad thing?!

My boss turned me on to Woot! and it's fun! They sell one thing all day at a discounted price until it's gone. It's like a race! They sell everything from ear muffs to HD TV's and I need it all! :) I actually haven't bought anything from them yet but one day I'll break Daniel down and he'll say yes. :) My boss buys stuff regularly and he always had good experiences.

So there you go. Click away!! :)


No comments: