Friday, February 12, 2010

Did someone say "Triple Lutz"?!

The Winter Olympics are opening tonight and I'm so excited! (I know, I'm such a NERD!) I love Figure Skating. I love the costumes and the music and the crazy jumps! I just love it.

I went through phases as a child. When Christmas time came around and The Nutcracker was on TV I could be found twirling through our living room as my inner Ballerina broke free. And when the Winter Olympics came on and the figure skaters took to the ice so did I. I would slip on my skates (the bright yellow roller skates with red wheels that fit over your shoes) and practice my Triple Lutz through the living room. God bless my mother who never once complained about my shenanigans on her carpet, she never once stifled my creativity. :) She's a good Momma.

No matter the amount of imagination I have, I could never be an Olympian. I lack the passion, self discipline and dedication required. These athletes are committed! I'm a softy! I end up routing for the countries that only bring one proud athlete. I want them to bring home the gold! If I ran the Olympics, there would be a LOT of Gold Medals. :)

And every time I watch the Opening Ceremonies I realize how much I didn't retain from my World Geography classes. I might be dumb.

I might be a "grown up" but I still practice my Triple Lutz through our living room (minus the skates). Daniel just shakes his head. :) I'm not sure my beloved is as thrilled as I am about the possibility of catching every single figure skating competition on TV for the next 17 days.

Until next time...

No comments: