Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And so it begins....

Yesterday was our full Dress Rehearsal. It was an extremely eventful day and the complete opposite of dull. These are few of my favorites moments:

9:23am: my cell phone rings.
"This is Timberley"
"Yes ma'am, I don't know where the hell I am! Can you help me?" ~ one very lost intern. I have no clue how he ended up on the second floor of Reliant Stadium but I helped him find his way. The day didn't go up from here.

The rehearsal started at 1pm. At 1:15pm I hear a commotion down the hall. Apparently one of our Engineers has bumped his head on a piece of equipment and is bleeding profusely. We call the Safety committee. All 20 on duty flock to his aide. His friend comes back alone and I ask what happened to Bill? "They put a neck brace on him, strapped him to a gurney and took him to the big Indian." This is not a native healer in a tent out in the parking lot, this is a statue on site that rests in front of Safety's main office. Still, the statement made me laugh.

I work with overpaid A-type personalities that do nothing but fuss. One in particular thinks it's cute to tell me what my job is. Well, I've reached the Point of Enough. Half the crew got to listen to me tell him exactly what my job is and how as a grown man, he needed to be a lot more independent and lot less needy. That made quite a few of them gasp and look wide eyed at me with faces that silently screamed "She's not playing is she?!" Good! People need to understand I might not always be here and that my "give a $#!* has gone out." ~ a direct quote from one of our Producers.

Today the Show starts and the people come. Food is being sold and animals being shown. And I already smell like BBQ. Awesome. :)

No comments: