Tuesday, March 30, 2010

God's sense of humor

I started my Big Girl job last week! I had a great first week. The people are nice and things are starting to pick up so I'm excited. Although I'm yet again reminded that my God has a sense of humor. Let me start by saying I'm an Inside Girl. I love all things INSIDE. And I now work for a production company who's big client is Academy, the SPORTS and OUTDOOR store. Yep.

At our first production meeting my New Boss is talking about the upcoming saltwater fishing shoot off the coast of Louisiana. (My keen detective skills tell me this is REALLY outside.) He then asks me if I get seasick. [GULP] "I guess we'll find out soon enough!" was my reply. After our 'adventure on the high seas', we're shooting tractors. Again, this will be outside. God's laughing....I just know it. :) He recognizes my comfort zone and insists on setting down right behind the line. And yet He seems to always get it right.

While I might be a girly girl who prefers air-conditioning and sassy shoes, I am a trooper!! And I'm EXCITED!! Mostly. ;) So I've bought bug spray and sunscreen and I'm researching how to prevent motion sickness. New Adventures - here I come!!

Until next time...

No comments: