Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Et tu, Brute?

I love books. I love pages - the way they smell and feel! My Beloved asks that I wait to get in the car before I smell my new book - he doesn't want the people of Barnes and Noble to think I'm crazy. He's so sweet. :) And I love to 'rescue' books from half price book stores. It brings me joy to give them a good home. I'm a nerd and I'm okay with that.

Here's where my guilt comes in. I have an Ereader. GASP!

Daniel got me a Nook last year for our anniversary and I love it. I can download books and carry them with me everywhere. LOTS of books!!! In my purse! It's SWEET. I struggled with this decision but after having to pack three books to get through a flight, I was sold.

Purists might call me a traitor but I can live with that. I still LOVE printed books. I still buy books! I still love a good lived in spine. I still smell the pages. But it's lovely to have access to hundreds of books at my fingertips. Absolutely lovely. Just sayin'.

Until next time....

No comments: