Monday, July 23, 2012

Adventures in Baby Stuff

Since finding out, my Beloved and I spend time walking around Babies R Us. It's overwhelming really. All the stuff. It has produced some entertaining conversations, mainly leaving us to question our parenting abilities.


When it comes to strollers Daniel is very concerned with stability. Every time he sees one that catches his eye, he shakes it to see how stable it is. Yeesh.


We walk around and he sees things and will say "that would work for when we have the next one." After several items of "the next one" I said "you're just real gung-ho about my uterus expanding aren't you?!" This made him chuckle. 


We'll see something and I'll say we might need that to which he responds "I could probably make that with Plywood." This causes me to sigh.


I mentioned we might look in to getting a Tummy Tub - Daniel said we could just get a bucket from Home Depot. More sighs.


He mentioned monitors the other day and I asked why we needed one.
Him: You think we need everything under the sun but NOT a baby monitor?!
Me: The baby room is right there! You can see it from the living room and our bedroom - I'm pretty sure we'll be able to hear a baby cry! The house isn't THAT big!
Him: We live in a world where technology reigns and you don't want a baby monitor. He says with a completely dumbfounded look on his face.
Me: Ok! We'll get a monitor! Yeesh.


My friend Jodie gave us What to Expect When you're Expecting and What to Expect the First Year. We had Travis so I'm a little prepared for what a baby will mean. Daniel - not so much. I said we needed a Diaper Genie - he asked what for, can't we just use Walmart bags?
Me: How often do you think we'll be changing diapers?
Him: Two or three times a day?
Me: Yeah I really think you should be reading the First Year book.


I've been REALLY good and I haven't bought any baby items yet! But now that we know it's a little girl - let the shopping begin! 


But first - I need your help. The Mommies of the world. What should we register for? What item do you cherish the most when it comes to your baby? What items did you get but have yet to use? Before I start scanning - I wanted some feedback.


Until next time....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH yes any tub that can support baby girl from newborn to supported sitting to sitting is a MUST!! Graco (for me anyway) has given me GREAT stroller/car seat combos that I love. I am so excited for you! I miss the excitement that comes with having your first...

Stephanie said...

We have this tub. We've used it since sugar pea was about 4 months old and I still use it sometimes because at almost 2 years old, she's a wiggle worm now and it keeps her still. :-) http://www.diapers.com/p/primo-euro-bath-white-20483


I would recommend getting an infant carrier carseat but not the whole travel system. Just get a snap & go stroller that you can snap the infant carrier onto. By the time he/she outgrows the infant carrier you can put him/her in a smaller, less expensive umbrella stroller. The travel system strollers are nice, but they're bulky and the snap & go's serve the same purpose.

Timberley, Queen of Everything said...

Thanks Ladies!