Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So...

I'm exhausted. And I'm spent. And by the time I get home, I have no desire to share my fun stories or sweet pictures. Sorry.

But not really.

I was lucky and didn't spend much time tired in the first two trimesters but that seems to be over. Now I want to fall asleep any time I sit still for more than 5 minutes.

And I'm pretty sure the hormones have increased as well. My poor Beloved. As I'm bawling in his arms yesterday morning saying "my hands hurt and I won't be able to hold a baby and I think I have arthritis in my toe" - he laughed - because he's a fixer and he can't fix me. :) Bless his heart. He's being SO patient with me and I'm so thankful for him.

My hands are KILLING ME. I thought the wrist surgery would prevent any complications but apparently babies ruin everything and that includes hands. :) I don't really mean that - it's the exhaustion talking. My left hand is so bad that I went back to my hand surgeon to discuss options. Both of my doctors have said a steroid shot would be safe and might help alleviate some of the pain. The hand surgeon didn't want to give it to me - he doesn't like to work on pregnant women. Then I cried. And I got a shot. He said it might get worse before it gets better. Why is that? Why can't things just get better?! That's dumb. D.U.M.B.

Yeesh.

The shot was Friday. I'm still waiting. So far it was a bad decision and has done nothing but increase the pain, rendering my left thumb and pointer finger useless. I'm currently typing this with my right hand and left pinkie praying to God I don't accidentally hit the space bar with my left thumb.

You use your thumb a lot by the way. I mean - A LOT.

And I'm icing it which doesn't help. And I'm putting heat on it which doesn't help. And I'm reluctantly taking Tylenol which has again been okayed by my medical professionals even though it's no longer helping. And the pain is keeping me from sleeping so today - I'm a total HOT MESS!! Watch out world - it's an Ugly Cry day.

The Doctors want me to gain weight so I've been eating lots of extra protein. Apparently Little Biscuit has a big head and butt but a dainty waist and for a baby - that's not great. Who knew! Apparently my medical professionals. ;)

And with the exhaustion, my anxiousness has increased. She doesn't wiggle and I worry. Then she wiggles and I worry she's getting all twisted up. I could really use a glass of wine.

Daniel said according to the book - I've reached the part of the pregnancy where I'm supposed to be over it. Yep. I feel like a Hippo and my hands hurt and I want a nap.

And I'm pretty sure we're in trouble. Last week at the ultrasound, Baby Girl refused to flip - she doesn't appreciate being pushed around. So all we could see was the back of her big head. :) And the next day at Doctor #2's appointment when the nurse was looking for a heart beat - she kicked the nurse. Yep - doesn't like being pushed around one bit. ;)

We've signed up for baby classes and registered with the hospital. According to my pregnancy app, we only have 11ish weeks left. Stupid phone, like I need that additional pressure! :)

So...I'm sorry I haven't felt up to posting.

But not really.

Until next time....

2 comments:

In the Mix said...

Hang on there. I felt that way with all my pregnancies. For real, love the babies, the getting them not so much. She'll be here when it's time and in the meantime just breathe. You can do this!

Kristl said...

Yes pregnancy is uncomfortable ... but get all the sleep you can now, because it gets more scarce when they come out.

Oh and where the heck are my BELLY PICTURES!!!!

Jeez. What do you think you need functional hands to take belly pictures? You are only cute and preggo a few times in your life, cherish it and take some pictures.

And for the pain, try chocolate. Really, there's science behind that ... somewhere ... I think.

Love you!!!