Saturday, August 11, 2012

This and That

Me, the Manatee: The first few months of pregnancy are a challenge. You don't really look pregnant but you can't fit in to anything either. After having several meltdowns, we decided it was time to buy maternity clothes. Mostly this was after I was yet again uncomfortable and my sweet Beloved said it might be time to buy bigger underwear. Yep - complete meltdown before bed. We go to Target and pick up bigger undies (thank you very much) and a few other staples. I pick up a Belly Band to give it a try. When we get home I decide to try the Belly Band out. Daniel's watching me and proceeds to say "I need one of those so I don't have to zip my pants up over my f....." and stops.
Me - with a raised eyebrow and a look of annoyance: "Go ahead and say it."
Him: "...fffat."
Me: "Uh huh."

And there it is.

I am a Manatee.

At least now I look pregnant and not just 'pudgey'. ;)

We ran in to friends at Walmart the other day who said they heard about our good news. Daniel's response - "nah, she's just getting fat." Luckily I have a sense of humor. ;) And to the random guy walking by that responded with "oh wow!" when he overheard my Beloved - he was just playing. My dear sweet husband is anything but cruel. Funny yes - but cruel no. ;)

You have a baby....in a Bar: The other day on the way to a movie we drove by Saint Arnold's Brewery in Houston. Their Lawnmower beer is my favorite. I never thought I would use Beer and favorite in the same sentence but it is what it is. And it's delicious. I see the building and say "aww, we never went on a tour!" My Beloved responds with "that's okay, we'll take the baby with us after she's born." I pause...."we're going to be great parents."

Dog'on it!: Our beloved Pound Puppy has a new habit. I think he can sense a change a comin' and to combat that - he now shreds paper and hides it in the couch. He only shreds items on my lamp table by the way. This doesn't help with my "he secretly hates me" theory. It started with a paper towel I found shredded and stuffed in the couch. I then found the corner of a bill he nibbled. He left evidence so he got a spanking for that one. And sometime Tuesday morning, he completely shredded our Infant Class schedule. Daniel said it was completely demolished. And now I have to ask my Doctor for a new one because the dog ate our homework. Seriously. She's going to put this in my chart, I just know it.....

Her Room: We've been working on Baby Girl's room! It's so precious! I've done a few projects for it and I'll try to post pictures soon. I'll also post belly pics or Aunt Kristl will fly down and take pictures for me. :) They're coming - I promise!

Until next time.....

No comments: