Friday, March 28, 2014

18 Months Already?!?

I took this sheep picture on her actual monthly milestone.
She was surprisingly agreeable! 

Today, we had her 18 month well baby check up. We've spent the week with "naps are for chumps" attitude so guess who fell asleep on the 10 minute drive to the doctor? Yep.

So I sat in the car while the Dada checked us in. 

When she woke up, we headed in and found the Dada filling out our paperwork. As we're waiting, he asks "how do you spell discernible?" 
Me - what on earth are you filling out?!
My Beloved - don't worry about it! How do you spell it?
Me - *incredulous look*
My Beloved - fine, I'll look it up on my phone.

Turns out he was filling out the 'are there any concerns with your child's development' and he answered "she does not have any discernible words." (Side note - apparently his phone lied to him about the spelling and he spelled it with  'able' and is now very put out and embarrassed.)

We go to a teaching facility so we get to see a resident before we see the doctor. Today, we saw Dr. Carey who is so super precious, he doesn't look much older than his patients and he seems to like Alice. 

Alice has started to not enjoy sitting at restaurants so in an attempt to distract her, I've put together a 'busy bottle' for her. It's an old water bottle with a few puffs and some pipe cleaners in it. I dump them out and she puts them back in and then screws the top on. And (for now) it works! So that kept her busy while we talked to the doctor. 

I'm pretty sure the little puffs triggered our discussion on choking hazards. Oopsie.

She is doing great in regards to her growth. She is up to 21.8 pounds and is 30.5 inches tall! Such a big girl!

The doctors don't seem to have any concerns AND she didn't need any shots! HOLLA!

Tonight, we got to have dinner with the Nana and she played with her bottle again.

I hope it keeps working.....

Until next time....

No comments: