Friday, June 20, 2014

Hello, Month 21!!

She was uncharacteristically agreeable today when it came to Sheep pictures although it took some convincing to get her to look at the camera. This is the only one with a sort of smile. The others are crinkled nose smirks. 

And note the one sock.

This child is always missing a sock. 

She will look at me, pull it off, spin it around her head and then chunk it. This morning she tried to dip it in to my coffee. 

No ma'am. 

And I can't put shoes on her to run around in because she thinks shoes = outside. And if you put shoes on her and do not immediately take her outside - there's a scene. A massive scene. 

I made the mistake of putting her shoes on before I put mine on one day. Bad idea. 

I've also made the mistake of not going to the restroom before I put her shoes on. She screamed the entire time I was in the bathroom.

I've had to learn to brush her hair BEFORE the shoes or....you guessed it, a scene. 

The child enjoys her drama.

So the one sock has become her signature look. I think it has to do with traction. She takes one off so she can stick to the floor better so she can turn and run whenever she needs to. This system seems to work. 

And she's a little trouble maker. I have an entire album on Facebook dedicated to her shenanigans. 

Yesterday evening, I was working on cleaning our sink when I heard a plop coming from behind me. 

A brand new, never opened box of Q-tips - floating in the toilet. 

This took less than 5 seconds. 

There doesn't seem to be any water in the box so now we have to decide if that matters. It's touched the toilet! But it doesn't matter because we're out and I FINALLY remembered to buy more and heaven knows when I'm going to again. 

See. This is what parenting does to you.

It breaks you down so you don't care that you're putting potty Q-tips in your ear. 

Until next time......

No comments: