Monday, July 27, 2015

The Flower Girl

Aunt Tami is getting MARRIED!!! 

And she wants Alice to be her flower girl. 

I'm a party pooper and I'm not a big fan of young kids in weddings. I think they're an unpredictable distraction. However, I do believe that what a bride wants - she gets. So Alice will be the flower girl. 

We have a little over a year to practice. Thanks goodness. A few weeks ago, in an effort to find a new game, I took apart a fake flower, shoved them in a basket and had Alice walk down the hall. 'Flower Girl' is her new favorite game. She still can't say 'f' so it's 'power girl' to her. 


She thinks it's way too much fun. Our first attempt went well. She would smile and drop some and smile and drop some. We tried a few more times and things went south when she started to try to eat the petals. She usually gives up halfway down the hall and starts spinning and dancing. 

See - an unpredictable distraction. 

Aunt Tami came in last week and got to see her demonstrate her flower girl skills. Here's the video.


My favorite part - "Get out dere, powers!!" Yep.

Tami thinks it's wonderful and thinks it will be totally precious if she does this on the big day. I, on the other hand, will be the mortified matron of honor sweating bullets at the end of the aisle. 

Tami keeps saying, "she'll be 4!" Yeah, that just means she'll have more words and an even better commitment to her own will. I'm not making any promises. 

Until next time....

1 comment:

Kristl said...

I'm with Tami, I think tiny children make adorable, memorable, and sometimes hilarious distractions coming down the aisle. Also, we bribed our small one with M&Ms. When she got to the end of the aisle, uncle David would give her a few M&Ms. And she didn't drop petals, she just had a flower ball thing to carry. Of course the ball thing did fall apart in her hands a the end of the aisle, and she nearly cried ... but that was hardly her fault (faulty florist). And everyone remembers it fondly.