Thursday, December 17, 2015

Potty Problems

I'm not sure if you can guess this from my previous posts but our sweet child is a bit strong willed. And when she is committed to a cause - there is no changing her opinion. Until you can find the right switch to flip or until SHE is ready - her commitment stands.

And she is currently committed to NOT using the potty. 

COMPLETELY against it. 

We encourage, I take her with me to the potty, we bribe. Nothing. We have a potty chart with princess stickers - she successfully added three stickers and then quit. We have a singing Elmo potty book that we ALL KNOW THE WORDS TO NOW. And she sits and sings - but doesn't go. 

I tell her we're going to leave her diapers off and she's going to wear panties and she FREAKS OUT. Full on meltdown mode. 

I don't know ANYTHING about potty training. Nothing. However, I don't feel like physically fighting with her to get her on the potty is going to help. We put her on the potty and she sits there crying for as long as we leave her there. As soon as she's back in her diaper - she goes. 

People say to take a few days where you're not going to leave and just let her run around with nothing on. 
1. This is a busy time of year and we have something every weekend so that's hard.
2. She's going to LOVE being naked. I'm never going to get her to keep her clothes on after that. 

She's also anti diaper changes so now that's a battle as well. I end up having to tell her she can't do or have whatever it is she wants until her diaper is changed. "UGH! Pine!" (that's how she says 'fine') Y'all, she's 3.

During diaper changes, she complains that the wipes or my hands are cold. I tell her, "you know what's not cold?! Toilet paper!" Now when she says it, I ask her what's not cold. Her response, "*sigh* toiyet papea." EXACTLY! 

Yesterday I told her she won't be allowed to go to the 3's class until she can use the potty. "WHY NOT?!" she says. "Those are the rules" I say. "But Hailey has diapers!" she responds. This is actually not true - Hailey has a good mom and has been potty trained since last year. 

And then this morning OUT OF THE BLUE she asks when we're going to see Santa. EVERY TIME I mention Santa - she says, "NO!! No see Santa! He scary!" However, this morning she wants to see him. I say, "ok, we'll try to see Santa this weekend. What are you going to ask for?"

Her: ummm......a book!
Me: okay, what kind of book?
Her: a pink one! And I will wub it and it will be my paborite! (favorite)
Me: okay! Anything else?
Her: umm.....pay-doh.....umm....toys!...annnnnnnd......DIAPERS!!

*sigh*

I told her teachers about our potty discussions and they said the group of kids she plays with are actually all in diapers so maybe that's it. 

I think she's just trying to drive me crazy. She's know she's supposed to so she's hell bent on not doing it. 

Lord, give me strength. 

And Santa - don't be an enabler! Get her big girl panties instead! 

Maybe I can get Santa on my side.....

Until next time......


No comments: