Sunday, December 13, 2015

Her Christmas Ornament

We are continuing a tradition with Alice that meant a lot to Daniel growing up. This year was the first year she could actually pick out her own ornament.

She first picked up a Barbie ornament and wondered around a little until she found the Disney display. She touched all the boxes. "Ohhh!!! Cuuute!" she'd say. She would tell you which character was which. I picked her up to look and touch the ones on the hanging display. And there was Else from Frozen, singing "Let it go." "Ohhh!!! I wub it!!" SOLD!

We found the Elsa box and she held it tight. We paid for it and she carried it all the way home in her seat with her.



Now we get to listen to "Let it go" a million times a day but it doesn't matter. She gets so excited when she sees it. She walks by and just lightly touches her, "It's Elsa!" It brings me joy. It's magical. It's special. And we dance and dance! She has me dance (and I'm extremely dramatic, I'm not sure if you know that) and then she dances JUST LIKE ME. It's HILARIOUS! 


There will be many more years with other ornaments, however, this year might be my most favorite ever. To watch the happiness on her face when she makes the ornament sing is just delightful. 

Welcome home, Elsa. Thanks for making this Christmas so magical for our little one.

Until next time.....

No comments: