Monday, January 2, 2017

Out with the Old, In with the New

2016 seemed like the longest year in the history of ever. 

We lost some weight!
My baby brother graduated COLLEGE!
My baby sister GOT MARRIED! 
My Beloved had a health scare. 
We watched Alice grow and learn. Everything she does is magic. Except maybe the fits or her dogged determination to get her way. But even that makes us kind of proud. 
We booked her 5th birthday trip to meet the Mouse. WE ARE SO EXCITED! 
We lost some people we loved. 
We lost some people we admired. 
We lost some people we grew up watching on screens and while we didn't know them personally, they still hurt. 
We watched the world seem to fall apart.
We lived through the WORST PRESIDENTIAL RACE EVER. 
We were disappointed with the state of affairs and 'people' in general.
The hate was disgusting. The indifference was disturbing.
Our hearts hurt for the hurting. 
We gained some weight. 
I was discouraged. And sad. And stressed. And scared.
Lots of doctor visits.
Money doesn't grow on trees. 
Adulting is hard. And lame. 
I didn't finish the certification program I feel like I've been working on for FOREVER.
I got a part-time job at a church as their Wedding Church Lady.
I booked a big wedding for 2018 and will get to help plan from start to finish. I AM SO EXCITED.

And I am hopeful. 

My 'word' for the new year is "FOCUS'. 

I have spent soooooo much of 2016 so very distracted. I want to spend this year more focused. 

Focused on house keeping.

Focused on finishing my program. (Seriously, Mamaw, pray for me! I NEED TO FINISH BEFORE MAY!) 

Focused on health.

Focused on happiness.

Focused on just being present for Alice. And my Beloved. And my loved ones. 

Focused on sharing on this little space a bit more. I know, I say that a lot. I miss the outlet, I miss the creativity, I need it.

Just focused. 

So, Goodbye, 2016 and all your drama and nonsense!! 

And, Hello, 2017, we're so happy to see you! We are hopeful that you will bring newness and peace and that we can remain friends. 

Real talk, though. We're not playing. 

Until next time.....




No comments: