Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March Madness

I feel like the only things I blog about these days are Birthday Letters to Alice and how much March is breaking my spirit. 

So, you know - we're here again.

Only this time the ENTIRE WORLD hates March. And that's comforting!

Only we can't physically get together to lament the suck-a-tude of March because we have to remain at least 6 feet from each other. AT. ALL. TIMES. And that's NOT comforting. 

Alice is getting to do School at Home now which is going as well as you would expect. For the first few days, we did educational games on websites and she had fun! Then we got instructions from the teacher with extensive lesson plans and due dates.

This did not impress Alice. School at Home was fun when it was educational games! Now she has to write?! On her vacation?!

We stressed that it's NOT vacation - it's quarantine, but she is having none of it. If she doesn't have to put her pants on, it's vacation. Period.

I am not a teacher. I do not have a teaching spirit. Or patience. Or a desire to explain anything. These will be trying times......

As of last Tuesday, My Beloved has been home as well.

This is a lot of family togetherness.

I am still working. He is still working. Alice is still in school. Atticus wants us all to leave so he can lay on the couch all day again. 

Today the Governor said Texas schools will remain closed until May 4th. 

Prayer Tree - ACTIVATE!!!! 

So now we will have loads of stories or maybe just the same story over and over again because I'm pretty sure this feels like the movie Groundhog Day.

If I don't come out of this weighing 400 pounds with a drinking problem, it'll be a miracle. 

Until next time......

No comments: