Monday, August 25, 2008

Class of 2012

He started High School today. My baby brother is a Freshman. I've been on the verge of tears all day! Maybe it's the stress of the wedding, the fear of change or just the heartbreak of knowing he's getting older. I can remember Baby Travis and now he has a suit and is going to High School. What's next?! Prom? Girls?! COLLEGE?!?! I'm not going to make it....the waterworks have started once again. My heart already hurts for the hardships he's bound to run in to. I want to take his face in my hands and tell him it doesn't matter. 10 years from now it won't matter if you played football or hung out with the cool kids. High school is just something you have to get through so hang in there! But I can't. Those are lessons for him to learn all by himself. And I get to watch. He got old without asking me. That's just rude. :)

I can't seem to stop crying! I cry for no reason! I pause for to long and my eyes well up. Is it normal? Do all brides go through a highly emotional breakdown the week before their wedding? Or am I just an emotional wreck? I fear change and the fact that I have to leave my mom is change. I think I might lean towards being the emotional wreck but I guess I've always known that. I'll get past the house lights going down and I'll be fine. I just have to get through the beginning jitters. I should probably explain....

I spent my high school career in the theater. I found my fit and my family and that's where I stayed. I also discovered I was very good at being a techie. I loved being behind the scenes! And I LOVED Stage Managing. When it came to opening night, I was a nervous wreck the entire time the audience was finding their seats. I remained a nervous wreck until the house lights started to dim and I called my first cue.

Maybe things will settle as soon as the house lights dim. Here's hoping!

No comments: