Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jean Shopping

It is SO hard to find THE perfect pair of jeans. I love jeans! I am blessed to work in an environment where jeans are the norm. But I hate shopping for them.

A while back I found the PERFECT pair of jeans at The GAP. They were perfect! They fit and made me feel cute and sassy! They didn't bunch in funny places and they didn't look painted on. They were wonderful. And then like everything else in life, they were gone! Oh I'm sorry, "improved".

Knowing the jeans wouldn't last forever I went back for more. I "fall" in to The GAP and head for the jeans. I spend the next several minutes shifting through jeans that no longer resemble the PERFECT jeans I'm searching for. One of those helpful, messy headed teens walks over to offer his assistance. I tell him I'm looking for some jeans just like the ones I'm wearing. He looks at them, "those are nice jeans!". "Yes I know, I want another pair. I got these from this store a few months back" I say. "Wow, yeah, we don't sell those anymore. But they do look awesome on you!" he offers. Well of course! Why would they keep my PERFECT pair of jeans on hand for me?! That would make life BORING and EASY and who wants that? Seriously!

So I'm back on the search for the NEW perfect pair of jeans. And when I find them, I'm buying every one they have in my size!

I can hear the masses coming. Rodeo is just a few days away and I'm less ready then I was last year. I'm dreading the crowds and the people and the problems and the hustle and.....pretty much every aspect of it. But it will go by fast...I hope.

No comments: