Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who's the Boss

We've had our beloved Pound Puppy for over a year now and he still brings us joy. He's calmed down quite a bit and is the sweetest little thing! Even when he breaks the rules we never established!

For Christmas, my mom got us Cesar's Way by Cesar Milan so we could learn to be effective Pet Parents. Daniel read through the book and discovered we've done everything wrong. Oops. We didn't bring him home right, we don't exercise him right and apparently we love him first. Which is wrong. Who knew?! Apparently the Dog Whisperer. Whatev.

So Daniel's walking him so he can eat. Apparently 'walks' equal 'hunts' which in turn equals 'eat'. Yeesh. (Daniel gets so put out with Atticus when he doesn't immediately eat when he gets home - "I took you on a hunt! Eat!" It's cute!)

The other night, Daniel says "Babe, I think the dog is the boss of us."I quickly come to my own defense! "Nu uh!! He's not the boss of me!"Daniel then proceeds to go through the 'The Dog's in-charge if' list and two out of five don't apply to me. See! Totally not the boss!

Well, the next morning we wake up to find our precious Atti snuggled up between us on the bed. I sigh, "Hey Daniel". "hmmmm"

"He might be the boss of us." :)

But we wouldn't have it any other way. Just look at this face!

No comments: