Sunday, January 12, 2014

Twerk it, Girl

Months ago there was some brouhaha over a bunch of teens who recorded themselves "twerking" at school and posted it on the good old internet. It made national news because the school decided to not let them attend any typical senior events - prom, graduation. Some were outraged, some were supportive. None of this matters to our story. 

My Beloved loves NPR radio and he's very curious (remember the hipsters?) so when he came home, he asked about this "twerking". This is all foreign to me. My Beloved also loves YouTube and will often check it for instructions or entertainment when ever he needs to be entertained. So he goes to YouTube and searches twerking. This produces a plethora of how-to videos. (For those of you who do not know what 'twerking' is - worry not, there is no need to know. It's a naughty, stupid 'dance' - that term used VERY loosely.) He finds an instructional video that looks "credible" and gives it a try. He masters twerking in about 10 minutes. I still can't do it - my hips don't lie. 

He's not all that thrilled I'm sharing this story. He only twerks at home and has only done so in front of very few people. (I'm leaving names out to protect the innocent.) 

So fast forward to now. 

Alice LOVES music. And Alice LOVES to dance.  And her Dada will turn on VH1 in the morning while he's feeding her. 

And yesterday I caught her dancing like this.....


That looks a lot like twerking!! To Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star!

And I blame her Dada.

Not only has he been known to twerk - he allows her to watch videos of pop stars twerking.

See what listening NPR does? ;)

I point out this resembles twerking and his response "No Alice! No twerking! Twerking is for Mommies and Daddies!" 

Oh my.

Until next time.......

No comments: