Thursday, September 11, 2014

Alice Goes to School

Alice started MDO last week! She only went for two days because Wednesday night she had a fever. Already. Oh joy! ;)

My Beloved drops her off in the morning and I pick her up in the afternoons. We both dropped her off on the first day and I have NO pictures. I was too focused on not crying that I didn't take any pictures. She shows a lot of apprehension at being dropped off but so far has cried very minimally.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, she is in the 18-24 month class and on Wednesdays she moves to the 2 year class because she is the only 18-24 year old who attends on that day of the week. She seems to handle the older class fine and all the teachers say she's the sweetest. Thank goodness. And I don't know what magic powers they're using, but she NAPS!! They say she has no problem napping. Hallelujah! 

She only went twice last week and in her daily folder on Tuesday, we got a little notice letting us know two different kids in the 2 class have been diagnosed with two different things, both of which are extremely contagious. Lovely. Just lovely. She was with them both for ONE DAY. Now I'm dosing her with Essential Oils I got from the Nana hoping they stave off any contagion. Fingers crossed!

She comes home every day with a new craft - it's so precious! Yesterday, they built a plane. When I went to pick her up, she had red spots all over her hand and for a second I thought she was sick but then they handed me her plane. Thank goodness! 


I have a little DIY project to display her art, hopefully we will get a chance to work on it soon.

For now, we're adjusting to new schedules and new routines. 

Today is the first day of Mother's Day Out that she didn't scream for an hour after arriving home. It might have to do with the fact she got a cookie on the way out. 


She seems to enjoy school! On school days, I tell her she's going to school and she smiles and points to the door. She willingly gets dressed and seems to be excited! Once she gets inside, the apprehension sets in but she's smiling when I pick her up.

I'm so very excited she's getting to be around kids her age. And I'm very thankful to the staff for taking such good care of our girl.

Until next time.....

No comments: