Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Picture Not So Perfect

I'm a stress-er and I'm also a sometimes perfectionist. I get something in my head and I'm sad if it doesn't look JUST how I imagined it. And I'm also crazy so I try to do things like family photos. 

I try to get them early so I'm ahead of the game. Last year, I had outfits and a location and camera and then a sick kid. So we scratched that and just snapped a quick picture of our snotty child at the last minute under our tree. Fa la la la la. 

So this year, I had another plan! We've had a few cute family shots taken throughout the year but Alice has grown SO MUCH that I wanted a more recent one. Thanksgiving day before we ate, I asked Travis to take our picture. Alice apparently thought this was the dumbest idea ever.

Here's attempt number 1.....
....which led to this...

So we took a second to regroup and repose. 

It didn't help.


THIS is the one that made the card. Yep.

 
Hey! I work with what I got, people! And I figured you could use a laugh this time of year. And honestly, it's not all pretty sunsets and smiles and giggles. Sometimes it's tantrums and tears. 

The above picture was cropped quite a bit. Below is the original. Uncle Travis needs a lesson in framing a shot. Bless him. 


I added a few sweet pictures from a time when you could tickle a smile out of the child. Those days are gone. Lord only knows what next years card will look like. And trust me, I'm saving one from every year! One day, when she's much older and hoping to impress some young man, we'll pull them out and "remember that one time you REFUSED to smile and threw a big ol' fit during a sweet family moment?!" Oh, it's coming! And it's going to be beautiful. 

Until next time...

No comments: