Friday, December 5, 2014

Santa, Baby

Long before Alice was born, I saw THE CUTEST Santa picture!! It was of a very tiny sleeping newborn and Santa holding his finger over his mouth like "shh!" SO. CUTE! So, I HAD TO HAVE IT! And our girl was due RIGHT AT THE PERFECT TIME! 

And then Alice was born two and half months early and we were super paranoid about germs so we didn't get anywhere near a mall her first Christmas. So much for that.

So the next Christmas came around and I knew she needed to see Santa. (Disclaimer: I KNOW she doesn't NEED to see Santa, like she doesn't NEED to stand in Bluebonnets. But as her mother, it's my job to subject her to such things.) 

I'm a Santa snob. I won't settle for just any Santa - the beard needs to be real, he needs to have rosy cheeks and he needs to have a real belly that jiggles like a bowl full of jelly. And I said I would NEVER take her to Bass Pro shop; I want a Santa in RED, not camo. 

We took her to three different places and there was no Santa! Moody Gardens Festival of Lights - two different times! Both times - NO SANTA!! It was comical really. My Beloved will tell you it was NOT comical because he married a crazy person and that's mostly true. We tried one more time before we gave up. 

A second Christmas and still no Santa. What kind of mother am I?!

So this year, we had a plan! We had to go to Katy to pick something up and we were taking her to Katy Mills Mall and she was going to finally get the chance to be traumatized by Santa!! THIS WAS THE YEAR! We got to the mall around 5:30pm and walked the ENTIRE mall before we found the Santa stand......empty. Apparently Santa doesn't come to work until 7:05pm. Y'all. 

Luckily, attached to Katy Mills Mall is a Bass Pro shop.......yep. 

This is as close to Santa as the child would get. She had a death grip on Dada and she was not letting go. At least she isn't screaming! And she managed to keep the bow in her hair! Granted it's on the side of her head you can't see. And the girl taking the pictures thought she was so cute she gave her a stuffed animal. Now she's carrying around a cat that's half her size.

It stared at me all through dinner....

But, I can at least say she's met Santa!

Until next time......

No comments: