Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Very Belated Progress Report

Well, Alice and I both survived our first semester in school. 

I did a lot better than I thought I would! This semester is proving to be challenging but I'm going to get through it. 

Alice is doing so well! She LOVES going to school. And she has grown so much since starting. She's saying so many more words now and being so helpful. 

Her favorite chores are refilling the coffee, feeding the dog, throwing away trash, emptying the dishwasher and starting the clothes washer. She will reluctantly put her clothes in her hamper, her socks in her bag and her toys up. For these tasks, she much be in the mood. And she LOVES giving the dog a treat. She points her little finger and tells him to "sit!" It's the cutest. 

She's talking so much now. She will often ask, "ut you doin?" or "ehere you going?". Her newest word is 'hey'. I pinched her leg the other day and she said, "hey! not nice!" She calls her beloved blanket Kee-kee. I'm not sure where this came from but we almost never leave home without it. She is saying names better and now calls me 'mom'. Just mom. I'll here her in the other room calling, "MOM! ehere you go?" like she's a teenager. Already. 

She knows her shapes, animals and noises and she's pretty good at pointing out things when you ask her to find them.

She isn't a fan of holding still so when we're getting dressed or changing a diaper, I've started telling her silly stories. We have two. One is about Princess Alice who has one nose - then she points to her nose. We go through all the features and that distracts her. The other is about animals. It starts with a cow (insert 'moo') who lives next to a dog (insert 'ruff!'). She likes that one too. Something silly to keep her from entering meltdown mode.

She still has meltdowns, naturally, but she usually calms down quickly. And if she doesn't, she usually goes to her room when we tell her. As soon as she settles, she comes back out. 

She is D.R.A.M.A. and it's HILARIOUS. I actually called and apologized to my mother the other day because I'm pretty sure she's a mini-me. Lord, help us. 

Until next time....

No comments: