Thursday, October 15, 2015

Healthy Smealthy

My Beloved and I are baby-stepping it into losing weight. We're getting up earlier and walking on our exercise machines while we watch Friends. It's totally lame but we need to do something. I don't want to be a sports fitness-wear model. I don't want to be a size two with bulging arm muscles. I just want my pants to zip. I just want to not look like I'm carrying a child. I got asked by my little cousin if I had a baby in my tummy at dinner the other night. Nope, and now I'm going home to drink my feelings. My Beloved says he looks like he's carrying a child too. I told him he would NEVER get asked when his baby is due. Me, on the other hand.....

So we're starting small.

I say baby-stepping because I am so unprepared to do a complete overhaul of our life that I know we will be unsuccessful. So far, Daniel has been such an encourager and has done well at keeping me accountable. And it SUCKS every morning.

Next month we intend to add a diet to our new routine. Yay. Diets are lame. I know people have been successful on the Whole 30 but it just has SO MANY RULES. And what the heck is ghee?! And Weight Watchers has SO MUCH MATH. See, this is why I'm not successful in regards to losing weight.

I told my Beloved we were having baked potatoes for dinner and then followed that with, "baked potatoes are healthy, right?!"

My Beloved - "NO!! It's a huge carb!"

Well, crap.

They're SO YUMMY! 

And I'm TOTALLY irrational (big surprise) and I think if I walk a mile - I should lose a pound. It's simple math. Only I was never good at math. 

I haven't lost anything. I'm pretty sure I've gained a few pounds. I am hungry ALL THE TIME now and I haven't even started a diet!! 

Maybe this was all a bad idea. 

He feels we have attainable goals.

I want to lose weight before Tami's wedding. That's a year. We can do it. We're not trying to lose twenty pounds in a month. We just want to adjust things so we're healthier. We want to be around for a long time with healthier habits and I want to look better in pictures. That's doable, right?!

Now I'm looking for a diet that we can do and be successful at and not fail. I want to eat food. I cannot eat loads of Spinach and I can't even look at Kale. I have to be extremely careful when it comes to my Vitamin K intake to avoid interference with my blood thinner. And I have a 3 year old to feed. I'd rather not have to make two different meals. 

So I'm searching Pinterest - my Beloved LOVES when I say that - and hoping to find something that will work for us.

But right now I just want cake. Lots and lots of cake. 

We were grocery shopping this past weekend and we found ourselves by the ice cream. (Cricecream - as Alice says it.) My Beloved says we should get some and I look at him like he's crazy. "We're talking about losing weight!" 

Him - "Oh yeah! I forgot."

We decided on getting the little cups so Alice could have some occasionally.

I said, "if you come home and find all the cups empty and my face covered in chocolate - I don't want to hear any judgement."

This is not going to be any fun at all. 

Until next time....




No comments: