Wednesday, October 14, 2015

More of His & Hers

This all started because I found a short, white hair sticking straight up at my forehead this morning. It was long enough and white enough to pass off as Atti's only it was ATTACHED TO MY HEAD. So I did what almost any woman in my place would do - I plucked it. I then proceeded to tell my Beloved that when I have a job again, I'm going to cut and color my hair. It's time. He asked me why I don't just let the grey take over. Ummmmm.......hello?! Alice isn't even in Kindergarten yet! I don't need her teachers asking if I'm her grandma! Nope. It's time to start dying it. I'll let it go when she's in high school. Maybe.

A few minutes later as I'm coloring my eyebrows (they've turned blond. Like, white blond.) I add that I'm going to get my eyebrows done when I'm working again too. My "when I'm working" to-do list is lengthy. I then go on to say maybe I'll just buy a box of color and do it myself and dye my eyebrows at the same time. 

This earns an eye roll. 

My Beloved - "Why would you do that?! Maybe you should have someone who knows what they're doing help."
Me - "Fine! I'll get Tami to help. How hard can it be?! The instructions are on the box!"
Him - "When have you ever been good at reading instructions?"
Me - *evil glare & mock shock because mostly he's right. Okay, fine! He is right.* "Oh wow. We're done talking about this."
He laughs. "Well, it's true!"
Me - "Go make your lunch. I'm going to put something of yours on the floor." (This is how his mature, grown wife has tantrums - she puts something of his on the floor.)
Him - "Just as long as it's not my toothbrush."
Me - "Too late!"
Him - "What?!"
Me - "Just kidding. I barely remember which toothbrush is mine and which is yours. Sometimes I just 'eenie meenie miney moe' it." BIG SMILE! 

I'm not sure what he mumbled after that.

I tell him I'm only kidding. He walks back into the bathroom and says it's easy to tell which is his and which is mine. 

Him - "Mine is the simple one. Yours is the complicated one."



That's the story of our lives, ladies and gentlemen. 

Me - "I'm blogging this."

Until next time......

No comments: