Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Tale of Two Puzzles

For her birthday, Alice received a Melissa & Doug alphabet puzzle from her Papa and Mawmaw. When we were putting away her new toys the next day, I removed the puzzle from its wrapper and thought it looked a little strange.


Two H's and no N. In all fairness, the N is also blue and ALMOST the same shape as the H. But it still isn't a H. 

I didn't want to bother with returning it to the store. Her grandparents live out of town so having to get the receipt and return the opened puzzle seemed a little exhausting. 

I noticed an email address on the back and thought, what the heck? Why not see if they can send me a new letter. So I took a picture and asked if we could get a N. 

I emailed them Sunday and hadn't heard back by Tuesday so I thought I would try the 1.800 number on the back. 

Again, what's it going to hurt?

I talked to Gretchen who asked me a few product questions and asked for my address and told me they would send me a new one. 

Me - "Can you just send me the N?"
M&D Rep - "That's not something we can do. We're just going to send you a new one."
Me - "Do we need to send this one back?"
M&D Rep - "Nope! It's yours too!"

So she sent me a new one. And it has a N!


I ended up writing the letter N on the back of the second H. Papa is going to sand it down to fit in the N spot and now they'll have a puzzle at their house to play with too. 

The day after I spoke with Gretchen, I did get a call in response to my email. They thanked me for sending a picture and I thanked them for being so willing to be so helpful. 

Alice has a lot of Melissa & Doug toys. Most of her magnets are theirs and now we have a few puzzles. I know they are well-made, decent products and after this encounter with their customer service, I'm even more sold on them. 

Until next time.....

No comments: