Friday, October 7, 2016

A Little Loser Chair

In a past life, I helped produce broadcast commercials. This meant LONG shoot days, mostly outside in less than comfortable locations. So after the first commercial shoot I worked on, I bought myself a little chair so I would have somewhere to sit. It's a tiny, fold up camp chair. I tried to find the smallest so not only would it be easy to transport, it would also be too uncomfortable for anyone else to want to sit on and it had a cup holder!! SOLD! 

The first time the director saw it, he noted how small, sad, and uncomfortable it looked. Perfect!! I teasingly called it my little loser chair. And the chair would always be available for me!! Only it wasn't. I would find him sitting it in often if his chair was too far. His nice, comfortable directors chair. "Hey! That's my little loser chair!" Him "it's not as bad as it looks!" Oh great. 

Fast forward to now, many years later when shoot days are a past life and now it's perfect for Alice. Sometimes when I'm sitting in it, she will crawl into my lap and I'm hopeful it'll hold. 


And note that she has removed my cup and replaced it with hers. 

Someone is always stealing my chair! 

But she's a lot cuter so I don't mind so much. 

Until next time.....

No comments: