Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Time

At exactly 2:30pm every day - I run out.

And sometimes I have a little Dr. Pepper to help me through.

December will be a particularly difficult month so I'm doing what I can to remain focused and on top of things.

We will survive!

Now I feel like it's time for a health update.

I had a followup ultrasound done in November. 

I was hoping they would find nothing.

But, alas.....

The Radiologist said the spot is more defined and clearly shaped. He recommended a biopsy.

I told him,"it's granulomatous mastitis."

He said, "oh! That's you! Okay, you don't need a biopsy!"

Lord, give me strength.

I saw my breast surgeon and she was happy to see it in an actual mass that can be removed. December being a hard month means it will be done in January or February.

I have been on steroids since April 2017. For the past several months I have only been taking 5mg. That's not a lot. However, I ran out.

I called the doctor for a refill and she said to stop until surgery.

This brings me no joy.

1. She didn't have me taper the dose. I have never not had to taper steroid use. Never.
2. If what is left in my boob decides to abscess without my use of steroids between now and surgery - I. WILL. LOSE. MY. MIND.

I took my last steroid last Friday and I'm all itchy, my face feels tingly and flushed and my right boob hurts again.

Everything is dumb.

So. Very. Dumb.

But December is too busy for me to get all worked up about it. So I'm going to pretend we're all fine. Just......fine......

Until next time.......

No comments: